Golf wedges come in various finishes, bounce, loft, and grind options, including with a matrix of shafts. For mid-handicappers, choosing a golf wedge isn’t an easy task. They need to look at a wide selection of golf clubs to select a golf wedge designed for their swing style.
In a Hurry? Here are Our Top Choices
Looking through different golf clubs to find the right one for themselves can take time because making the wrong decision can cost them. The wrong choice will not only affect their playing style, but also lead to low scores and increase the chances of defeat when playing a round of golf with their golfing buddies.
We’ve saved you the hassle of browsing through different golf wedges to help you find golf wedges that are made for mid-handicappers. We’ve looked at various golf wedges made for this purpose and have compiled a list of golf wedges that can help you improve your playing style.
The 6 Best Golf Wedges for Mid-Handicappers
If you’re in search of the best golf wedges for mid-handicappers, we’ve got you covered. Go through our list to find the perfect golf wedge for yourself.
1. Titleist Vokey SM6 Tour Wedges
The Titleist Vokey SM6 Tour Wedges is part of the SM6 series and is one of the most popular golf wedges for mid-handicappers. If you need performance, this golf wedge will work for you. The manufacturer has decreased the number of sole grinds, which makes it easier for intermediate golfers to select the right golf clubs.
You can select from F, S, M, and K grind and choose a loft of 46 to 62 degrees. The grooves have a new parallel face texture for added consistency and tighter tolerances for increased spin. Regardless of your swing type and the conditions of the golf course, you’ll receive increased shot versatility.
- Features a classic blade design
- Offers an increased level of feedback and feel to determine mishits easily
- Has increased control and accuracy
- Has several grinds to accommodate different playing styles and golf course conditions
- Reduced forgiveness for feedback and playability
- May take some time to determine the best golf wedge for your requirements
2. Cleveland Smart Sole 2.0 Wedges
The Cleveland Smart Sole 2.0 Wedges come with a black satin finish that helps minimize glare and creates a contrast between the golf wedge and golf ball for alignment. The Smart Sole 2.0 golf wedge won’t punish every mishit.
Even though they offer reduced playability and performance in comparison to other golf wedges, they offer excellent forgiveness due to the improved feel plaque. This feature also dampens vibration to give a smooth feel. The gold wedges are available in both “C” and “S” models without any bounce and grind options. The golf wedge is available for both right and left-handed golfers.
- Black satin finish improves large game looks
- Heavy head offers decent feedback with a satisfying impact sound
- Very forgiving gold wedge
- Offers reduced playability if you need to make trick shots
- The “S” golf wedge isn’t easy to handle in hilly turf golf course conditions
3. Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Wedges
The Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Wedges feature a shaft made of steel and is available in various lofts, 52, 56, 60, 50, 54, and 58 degrees. It’s available for both right-handed and left-handed golfers. Its signature progressive and shaping CG offers a lower and more controlled trajectory when you use a higher loft.
Featuring a 16-groove configuration, it offers increased spin, which adds a groove near the leading edge for increased spin on chips and pitches. It also increases versatility with its crescent sole offering golfers many precise shot options during the short game. This is especially true for golfers making off of tight lies and half shots.
You can choose from two beautiful finishes, brushed slate and nickel chrome with copper strike. The golf wedge offers excellent feel, control, and traction. This golf wedge is targeted towards mid-handicappers who don’t mind getting decreased forgiveness.
- Choose from two finishes, bushed slate and nickel chrome with copper strike
- C sold grind for creative shots
- Sharp feel, feedback, and impact
- One of the best golf wedges for mid-handicappers
- Not suitable for golfers with a high handicap near 20
- No variety regarding bounce and sole grinds
4. Cobra King Wedge
The Cobra King Wedge features wider grooves and gapping on golf wedges with a weak loft and narrower and tighter spaced grooves in golf wedges with a strong loft. This offers optimal spin and trajectory. Its variable face roughness offers an optimized surface across the golf wedge’s face for increased spin and control when making shots around the golf course.
The manufacturer has used top-notch technology to make the trailing and sole edge sit lower to the surface. This lowers the blade’s height to the surface on open shots and square. The golf wedge is made from premium quality chrome plating and satin nickel plating, which reduces glare.
This golf wedge is for you if you want to increase your performance and receive excellent levels of forgiveness, accuracy, spin, control, and adaptability. This golf wedge is right for you if you require assistance with all your shots and need to increase your performance when you hit the golf ball.
- Satin finish on golf wedge reduces glare
- Offers great forgiveness levels
- Grooves offer a lot of spin and excellent control on shots
- Available in several grinds and bounce options and loft angles
- Not for low handicappers
- Has only one finish option
5. Cleveland Golf Smart Sole 3 Wedge S
The Cleveland Golf Smart Sole 3 Wedge S is a third-generation golf wedge that helps golfers make shots on the golf course without difficulty. It’s available for both left-handed and right-handed golfers. You can select from two different shaft materials, graphite and steel.
It features a three-tiered sole, which is designed for increased forgiveness, and has three unique activation pads for increased turf interaction and more playability from all lies around the golf course. The manufacturer has used feel balancing technology to redistribute the weight from the hosel to the toe.
They’ve repositioned the CG, moving it near the face’s center. This change has improved the feel and tighter shot dispersion to get golfers near the hole. Its 58-degree loft offers you the perfect loft to critical shots such as a bunker around the golf course. You can hit soft and high shots without dealing with the difficulty of opening face.
- Features a loft of 58 degrees, which allows you to hit the golf ball out of a bunker easily and into the golf course
- Its sole is bigger in comparison to other golf wedges in the market
- Only one other golf wedge offered in the Smart Sole 3 line
- Won’t help you reach the flagstick marking the hole if you want to hit the golf ball out of the bunker
6. TaylorMade Milled Grind
The TaylorMade Milled Grind won’t ruin the head of your golf wedge due to overgrinding. The shaft is made from steel and comes in a variety of different degree and bounce options. It’s available for both left-handed and right-handed golfers.
Made from CNC-machined sole geometry and an accurate leading edge, it promotes continuous turf interaction. Its ZTP-17 groove has a sharp edge radius and steeper side walls for increased spin. Its accurate weight port moves 10 g and provides an increased spin rate and a reduced launch angle. Its 8620 carbon steel offers a soft feel.
- Has 3 grind options
- Made using ZTP groove technology for increased control of the golf ball while making your shot
- Don’t opt for the lower bounce option because it digs into the turf, which can damage the golf course
- The small red oblong located close to the heel of the golf wedge sticks stands out and doesn’t complement the head’s chrome finish
Our Final Thoughts
What are the best golf wedges for mid-handicappers in your opinion after reading the review? Choose the right golf wedge that will give you confidence when playing a round of golf with your friends.