Did you know playing with the best golf balls on the market can improve your playing style? Choosing the best golf ball can improve your driving distance and control of the ball. You can improve your playing style by understanding your swing, your game type, and the best golf ball game that suits your game.
In a Hurry? Here are Our Top Choices
In short, the type of golf ball you play with matters a great deal. Therefore, choosing the right type of golf ball is important. When you’re looking for the best golf balls on the market, consider the following factors:
- Is it soft or firm?— Firm golf balls are for golfers who prefer balls that spin slightly less and soft golf balls that give golfers increased control off the tee. You can try both types of golf balls, hitting them for various distances to find your preferred one.
- What is its cover material?— Urethane cover offers increased spin control and feel, but is more expensive. You can use a golf ball with a urethane cover to determine if it is worth the extra cost.
- Do you want it for a long game or short game?— Identify if your game will benefit more from the additional yards off the tee or offer increased control and better feel around the golf course.
Keeping these factors in mind, we’ve come up with a list of the best golf balls on the market. If you’re searching for a new golf ball because the one that you’re currently using is doing nothing to improve your playing style, choose one from our list.
1. Titleist ProV1 Golf Ball
Titleist ProV1 Golf Ball is for experienced golfers. The manufacturer has designed the golf ball to react with several spin and shape shots. The golf ball has a harder and durable cover. The manufacturer has used custom crafted engineering to design the molds.
The golf ball features a spherical tetrahedron dimple design with 352 dimples. Since it is firmer, it offers more pop from the clubface. They have designed the golf ball to spin slightly less to give you more distance gains and less spin.
Like all their golf balls, this one too has a urethane cover with the only difference being that it features the Next Generation 2.0 ZG Process Core. Their patented three-piece design allows golfers to add distance without compromising a lot of the control and high spin around the golf course.
- Increased spin results in better shots
- Adds distance off the tee
- Offers tight spin around the golf course
- More durable
- Designed for experienced golfers
2. Titleist Tour Soft Golf Ball
Titleist Tour Soft Golf Ball is a midlevel golf ball for golfers who need more than just a golf ball that offers distance. The manufacturer has created this golf ball to get more flight, spin more, and maintain its soft feel.
This two-piece golf ball features a large and soft core. It has an extra-large core and a new cover material that works together to improve the ball’s distance. This ball features a spherically tiled design with 342 cuboctahedron dimples.
Its dimple design generates increased flight and consistent trajectories. The golf ball’s super thin cover creates more spin. The manufacturer has used four different materials to design the cover. Its cover increases spin on the golf ball and accommodates its large core. Its large core allows the golf ball to fly longer and generate more speed.
- Large compression core for longer flight and increased ball speed
- 4 material core construction for increased spin
- Ideal for golfers with a swing speed under 100 miles per hour
- May be better for users with a good and already established swing
- Can get easily scuffed
3. TaylorMade TP5
TaylorMade TP5 offers you a lot of spin. An interesting fact is that it took the manufacturers 10 years to create this 5-layer piece golf ball. The five layers ensure that regardless of the type of golf club you’re using, the golf ball will connect to it.
If you want to increase your spin on your short irons and minimize your spin on your driver, this golf ball delivers both. It features a urethane cover and gripping layer to increase the feel around the golf course and spin on wedges and short irons.
Under the urethane cover, there’s a rigid layer, which works together to produce maximum spin. The ball features a three-piece Tri-fast core to reduce its spin from the tee. Decreased spin on your drive prevents it from climbing above the recommended trajectory to increase distance. It also launches higher from the tee while maintaining a low spin. When the golf ball travels faster, it carries further.
- Five-layer golf ball
- Offers increased spin on short irons and less spin on drivers
- Urethane cover and gripping cover increases spin on short irons, wedges, and around the golf course
- Rigid layer under the cover maximizes spin
- Tri-fast core reduces spin from the tee
4. Bridgestone Tour B X
Bridgestone Tour B X is for lower handicappers who want to use a firm golf ball. The golf ball offers more control and precision. However, it doesn’t generate maximum spin around the golf course. It does offer great distance though.
The golf ball offers reduced side spin rates while ensuring accuracy and distance. It has a urethane cover made from their SlipRes technology. This increases the cover’s durability and offers more feel and control. The cover also produces decent spin rates, but not as much as other golf balls.
Its dual dimple pattern enhances aerodynamics. It adds distance and decreases drag as the golf ball is hit. They created their cover using their Seamless Cover Technology to balance its dimple design. This feature also increases distance, trajectory, and control.
- Offers increased trajectory, control, distance, and accuracy
- Doesn’t cover spin on the long irons and driver
- Cover made from its Seamless Cover Technology
- Designed for distance, not spin
- Not for high handicappers
5. Srixon Z Star XV Golf Ball
Srixon Z Star XV Golf Ball is for elite golfers looking for an affordable golf ball that offers them more distance through increased speed and flight. The golf ball feels firmer and is designed to fly further down the golf course. This golf ball will add more yards without compromising spin.
The ball’s inner core is larger and softer, whereas its outer core is thinner and harder. Together, this gives you maximum distance. Its Dual Energetic Gradient Growth core with its 338-speed dimple design adds distance. The dual-core sustains ball speed, whereas the dimple design decreases drag.
The golf ball features a urethane cover and offers a lot of feel on the pitches, wedges, and chips. Thanks to its SpinSkin technology, it offers a lot of spin around the golf course.
- Firmer feel increases distance without sacrificing spin
- Dual-core design increases speed and distance and reduces drag
- SpinSkin technology increases spin around the greens
- Urethane cover
- Some users may find them too hard
Our Final Thoughts
These are the best golf balls on the market. If you’re searching for a golf ball that can help you perfect your playing style by increasing the distance and speed, choose from one of these golf balls. Some golf balls are designed just for distance, whereas others are designed for just spin. You can get both these qualities as well, depending on the type of golf ball you select.