The major golf brands introduce many new drivers every year, but only a few stay in the golfers’ bags for a long time and become their reliable partners on the course. The Cobra F9 Speedback Driver quickly is one of them, with outstanding forgiveness, speed and stability.
The Cobra King F9 Speedback Driver is indeed a legitimate contender. Its Speedback is a true technology that helps increase golfers club head speed. Cobra’s other features, such as the composite crown, milled face and adjustable weights make it a driver that could become the king of all clubs.
Here’s our review of the Cobra F9 Speedback driver that emerged as the real winner in a very short time!
Our Review of the Cobra F9 Speedback Driver
Some golfers claim that the driver wars ended years ago when the USGA set the maximum ball and COR limits (0.822). While this might be true if all golfers hit the same sweet spot every time, that is not the case. There is still a lot to do to improve your driving distance and accuracy. The Cobra King F9 is packed with all the features you need to make your hits more enjoyable.
Speedback aerodynamics are the most important feature of the F9 driver. While it’s not the first driver to improve aerodynamics, it has a bold design all over its head. Combining crown, sole, face, and other designs maximize head speed. These features help the clubhead glide through the air faster with every swing.
Simply put, increased clubhead speed equals increased distance. Here are its features:
- Cobra F9 is a perfect combination of low CG and aerodynamics for generating impressive speed and hitting the ball in equal measure. The clubhead is also more triangular, lighter than F8 and slimmer.
- The combination of colors alone, including matt black shaft, black grip, carbon crown and green applications, conveys sportiness and a certain degree of healthy aggressiveness.
- It is a driver that gives a higher ball speed than its predecessor, F8. On the underside of the head is a keel with a weight that lowers the center of gravity to make the driver more forgiving (increased moment of inertia / MOI.)
- A lot of gunpowder has also been put into improving aerodynamics by raising the waist.
- It has more curved and smoothed edges to improve the club’s aerodynamics, while for the airspeed, the skirt is raised, and the crown is slightly more rounded.
- The carbon sole has an aerodynamic shape that gives the clubhead more distance and speed. The aerodynamic sole is made entirely of carbon.
- A smoother shaft than the HAZRDUS Black shaft, but with the same spin and launch advantages, results in less vibration on impact and makes it stand out from the rest.
- Cobra has also integrated ARCCOS sensor in F9, the brand’s latest feature.
Cobra F9 Speedback Performance
Golfers always have a very ambivalent relationship with their drivers. There are days when they’re friends, and there were days when the driver stays in the bag from hole two because the second ball in a row says goodbye with a slice.
With the King F9 setup, you can hit balls with significantly less spin. The shaft (PROJECT X HZRDUS Smoke 60 in Stiff) and the 9.0-degree loft are responsible for this. In combination, this also leads to a significant gain in length for many tee shots. On average, the ball can go 15-20m further with this driver than before.
The Cobra King F9 Speedback has already received a lot of praise in the golf media landscape. For example, Rick Shields, a former professional golfer and a Youtuber running his channel ‘Rick Shiels Golf,’ spoke of the year’s best driver, the Cobra F9 Speedback.
If you have to accept a significant loss of a length with your old driver if you don’t hit the ball in the middle, it’s significantly different with the Cobra F9 driver. The King F9 helps you hit the fairways more often. The loss of length from hits outside the center is between 10 and 15% of the average length. A badly hit ball with the King F9 would be at the height where your old driver had hit very well.
The Cobra F9 Speedback sends drives straight onto the fairways, almost from 175 m to 195 m. In addition to the setup, which can help you with the shot length, the driver is also very forgiving.
The forgiveness is outstanding, even on off-center shots, which makes it among the best-recommended drivers. No wonder it has convinced many golfers.
The driver’s acoustic feedback is also very good. You can tell relatively quickly from the sound how the moment of impact was. Its hits outside the sweet spot are a little quieter than full hits. The overall sound seems quite loud, according to most of the users.
The golfers who have tried the Cobra F9 Speedback driver feel confident off the tee with this driver and are very impressed with its forgiveness. The driver has also served well in many tournaments, including state championships, and will definitely stay in my bags.
In terms of length, you may not find any great difference from your current driver. It’s important not to buy the driver off the shelf but to go to a professional fitting to find the right shaft for you. Another advantage of this driver is the selling price compared to the other big brands.
Who can Play with Cobra F9 Speedback Driver?
Cobra F9 Speedback driver provides more speed than F8, and carries figures just above average for most golfers. Like Epic Flash, G410 Plus and ST190G, the F9 Speedback seems to be able to perform in the hands of several different categories of players, giving even and consistent results, which certainly evokes a feeling of stability and reliability.
The sound quality of the Cobra King F9 Speedback driver is amazing. It is perfect for golfers who prefer a solid impact but not too hard and like muted tones. This driver is designed in a way to provide a balanced feel and sound at impact.
Thus, Cobra F9 Speedback driver is for golfers of all levels due to the stability and forgiveness it offers.
Our Final Thoughts
The Cobra King F9 Speedback Driver features Cobra’s best face technology for forgiveness and speed. Its high speed, impressive feel and sound at impact, nice looks, low spin and incredible forgiveness, make it an outstanding driver that sets the standard.